- Strategic thinker with broad experience applying research-based insights to develop brands, manage reputational risk, raise capital, respond to crises.
- Executive leadership experience with P&L responsibilities and strong performance in revenue growth, team building, innovation, thought leadership, financial and operational planning.
- Specialized expertise in asset management, financial technology, corporate governance and sustainable investing.
- Clients (2015-present) include Morgan Stanley, Schroders, Credit Benchmark, Cedar Capital, AIRNet-21, Exceed Investments, Finca International.
Corporate/Financial Communications Adviser
9/2013 to Present
- Lead high-stakes consulting engagements with asset managers, investment banks and innovators in impact investing, financial technology, Big Data, forensic accounting and publishing.
- Serve as a senior adviser to a branding and design consultancy, leading brand audits, message development, content creation and lead generation engagements.
- Led the development of a public relations practice for a capital markets advisory firm. Served as a subadvisor on transaction communications and investor relations programs. Supported the development of services to help IR departments adjust to recent regulations.
- Managed a portfolio of asset management and FinTech accounts for two mid-sized PR firms, generating annualized revenues of $1.6-$2.4 million.
GMI Ratings (Investment research firm, acquired by MSCI)
Managing Director – 1/2012 to 9/2013
- Led global branding, marketing and communications and strategic partnerships following the merger of three predecessor businesses focused on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) measures of investment risk.
- Played key role in data integration and product development that resulted in ESG ratings covering more than 19,000 public companies worldwide. Led discussions with prospective partners including Bloomberg and FactSet.
- Increased qualified lead traffic by more than 80% through content strategies, media relations, event sponsorships, strategic partnerships and through deployments of marketing automation (Marketo) and CRM tools (Salesforce).
- Led editorial coverage of trends in corporate governance and accounting practices. Secured extensive on-message coverage in top-tier and industry publications.
Corporate/Financial Communications Adviser
12/2009 to 12/2011
- Managed crisis communications for an asset-based lending hedge fund with $1.4 billion in assets under management.
- Managed a portfolio of transportation and commodities clients for an IR firm, generating $1.1 million in annualized revenues.
WE Communications (Global Public Relations Firm)
Vice President, Head of Global Financial Communications Practice – 8/2007 to 12/2009
- Created and led the global financial communications practice, focusing on crises and high-profile M&A transactions. Led deployment of Bloomberg datafeeds. Clients included Microsoft, BMC Software, New Stream Capital, Ener1.
- Developed quarterly survey series called “Investors in Innovation” which gauged investor perceptions of innovation-driven industries. Secured extensive on-message coverage in top-tier and industry publications.
The Ruder Finn Group (Global Public Relations Firm)
Managing Director at RF|Binder (5/2006 to 8/2007), Vice President at Ruder Finn (5/2001 to 9/2002) Account Manager at Ruder Finn (3/1998 to 5/2000)
- Rehired twice, progressed to senior positions at Ruder Finn and RF|Binder Partners, managing client portfolios including public and pre-IPO companies, industry associations and non-profits.
- Key client engagements included Citigroup, Bank of America, Renaissance Capital, Ford Motor Credit, HOMEX, Novartis, Lilly, Pfizer, Haynes and Boone.
- Feinstein Kean Healthcare (Ogilvy)
Vice President, Head of Investor Relations Practice – 5/05 to 5/06
- LJ Consultants
Independent Consultant – 9/02 to 5/05
- Juno Online Services (D.E. Shaw Group)
Director of Investor Relations – 5/00 to 4/01
- Junior Financial Communications Positions
5/96 to 1/98
- Columbia University (New York, NY) — Courses in Organizational Psychology and Behavioral Finance; GPA 4.0
- Yeshiva University (New York, NY) — B.A. Magna Cum Laude, Psychology and Sociology; GPA: 3.8